Friday, June 1, 2007

food

Ugh! I was ready to sit down and have a nice meal that I would really enjoy. After all, hadn't I been waiting all day for it, eating nothing but some cold cereal and a can of spinach so I'd have plenty of room? Hadn't I been promised big franks or grillers and Popsicles on this sticky old day? Didn't she think it might upset my day and my stomach when she and the rest of my siblings came home with tofu dogs that tasted like they were actually made of dogs, and my cheapskate of a brother's $2 choice of dessert - cotton candy?!!! I mean, I don't absolutely despise either of the stuff, but I was expecting and wanting and needing something better. Maybe I should continue to go by the rule "if you don't want to eat what there is, don't eat anything at all." It's only till lunch tomorrow, and by then they might come up with something decent. Goodness knows I need to lose five or ten pounds anyway. So what should I do in this dilemma, starve myself or eat that junk? I think I choose the former.

update: I actually tried choking down a tofu dog, but then I got up for a second to go get a drink. My cheapskate of a brother decided he'd better get up too for some reason or other as well. When I returned to my chair, there was my brother sitting in my chair, munching away at ... MY HOT DOG!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!! I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING...IT WASN'T EVEN FUNNY!!! I LOST HALF MY HOT DOG TO THAT CHEAPSKATE AND DIDN'T WANT TO EAT THE OTHER HALF CUZ IT GOT POISONED WITH COOTIES!!! That's what I get for going against my better judgment...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had tofu hot dogs before.

Anonymous said...

Don't starve yourself. It isn't good for you. I care about you Maranda and you need to eat.

*Mandy* said...

Thanks... sometimes when there's nothing good to eat or when I feel like a stuffed turkey I just have to skip a meal or two. I like some kinds of tofu hot dogs. I like some kinds of tofu dogs, just not exactly the particular kind my mom picked up.

Anonymous said...

oh. A lady who comes to our home church sometimes, has given us tofu hot dogs before and they were not bad.

Anonymous said...

some not meat hot dog are gross thats why I genrally just eat bigfranks, and I know about the whole skiping meals thing I don't eat lunch that often !

*Mandy* said...

yeah big franks are my favorite, along with little links (which aren't exactly hot dogs but whatever). I guess morningstar are all right. I tried another kind once and it wasn't bad, but I didn't like either of those considerably well. There are other kinds I guess though, some of which are probably pretty good.