Thursday, April 17, 2008

the great outdoors

This evening I was keeping busy outside, starting to dig a garden... there's not a lot of space in our backyard but there's a strip of flat enough ground about 5-6 x 30+ feet that we can use as a garden... we can't plant a lot but we were thinking of planting some lettuce, a few herbs, tomatoes, zuchhini, and maybe some watermelon. We're supposed to wait til May 10 or so to plant things outside so we have a while to finish digging up the soil, which takes awhile and some hard work with just a shovel (I knew we should have borrowed a horse and plow from someone!)... I guess it's a good thing then that our plot is rather small since it would take a looooong time to shovel a bigger plot lol we had to borrow a shovel from our nextdoor neighbors, (which I didn't mind since they are really nice) because can you believe it, we left all our shovels in Illinois. Anyway...

I suppose by now you must have noticed my template makeover. :) Well hope you like it cuz I do. :P
b4n ppls...
Mandy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! Yeah, that must be a lot of hard work. My dad just plowed our garden yesterday with the plow and then today my brothers tilled it. we will be planting our tomatoes and potatoes soon.

God's blessings with the garden!