Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Yesterday

Well I went to the dentist yesterday, and no cavities, again. In fact, even though I hardly ever brush my teeth, I've never had a cavity. My dad joked it was probably the protective layer of plaque... idk maybe lol... my sister who faithfully brushes her teeth got a cavity. Kind of ironic, but I think it's because some of the things they put in most toothpastes are worse for teeth than never brushing them.

Anyway after we left the dentist office our whole family got together to go to a park in Allentown. It has a pond with geese and ducks and a nice walking/biking trail that's a total of 1.25 miles around. However, we didn't end up walking all the way around. Because after about half a mile, I saw a cute little squirrel on the ground. So I stopped and stood still. It was really friendly and hopped right one over to me and looked at me, it was soooo adorable! Then the rest of my family came and stood still too, and pretty soon there were more than a dozen squirrels scampering around us. We figured that they wanted food, because there were a lot of empty peanut shells laying around like someone had been feeding them before, which is probably why they were so friendly. My mom and little brother and little sister had to leave, but my dad, my older sister and I went to a grocery store and bought a big bag of unshelled, unsalted peanuts and brought them back to where we had last seen the squirrels. Sure enough, more and more squirrels kept popping out for a treat. Then a little flock of cardinals came to get their share of peanuts. They came so close, most of them came close enough to touch, to get their peanut treats. My sister and my dad even got a few squirrels to grab peanuts out of their hands. I wish I had had my camera! They were just too cute!!!! I hope we'll be able to feed them again soon.

0 comments: