Thursday, February 21, 2008

Comida

In a little bit I'll be going shopping for some ingredients, I'm supposed to make a Russian dish for potluck... I have decided to make potato and mushroom fritters. They're basically mushrooms and potatoes dipped in batter and deep fried. If they turn out nicely (and probably even if they don't, lol) I'll try to post the recipe and pictures.

Something I'm looking forward to even more is making a dish called Ratatouille. If you've watched the movie Ratatouille, you'll know what it is... anyway whenever I have watched the movie I get soooooo hungry!!!! Especially for the ratatouille. I easily found a good recipe online, it looks really simple. It's a vegetable stew with zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, and I think some spices. I can't wait to get the ingredients and try it out. I'll try to post the recipe and photos of the ratatouille too.

Tuesday evening my sister and I made a chocolate cake. My mom made it for my birthday and it is just soooooo delicious!!! The recipe is called something like Rich Black moist chocolate cake... we got the from a cookbook that was put together by the people who live or lived in the little village my mom grew up in and my grandma still lives in. There are a lot of very good recipes in there... a line from the recipe said "this cake will stay moist for 7-10 days if you can keep it that long." Yeah it was quite a large cake but it was gone by this morning! It went so fast I didn't even have time to take a picture. yeah it was totally that good! Anyway I'll be posting the recipe eventually. I want to make it again asap...

0 comments: