Friday, February 22, 2008

Mission trip possibility

I'm planning on maybe going on a mission trip to Chile this July... a lot of my friends and my older sister are also planning on going. It may not work out since it will be like almost $2000 total (counting not only the original amount which is like $600, but also the passport and plane ticket). And I'd like to save up my money that I earn for other things, like college. But I've been feeling really impressed to go. Even though it probably won't even be fun for the most part, it would be worth it in other ways. I'd like to ask for prayers that I make the right decision, and if going is it, that I will be able to raise enough funds to go. Thank you!

3 comments:

Horse_Girl said...

I'll pray for you Mandy. I have to decide if i want to go or not. I really want to go.

Unknown said...

Call up Maranatha and ask for some support fliers that you can hand out to your neigbor's and church and friends, to see if they will sponsor you. That's the way I'm able to go to the Philippines in March of '09. My total will be 2,200, including transportation (bus, airfare, and other), food, mission supplies, and board. It's a serious decision. I hope you are able to go! I'll be praying!
Seth

Lissa said...

Are you still going? thats nice. I've never been on a mission trip though...would like to