Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trip to Panama

I just found out that the two-week trip to Panama that I wrote about a few posts down is actually $2000, not $5000! Which is a lot more reasonable. If I could raise the money in time (the trip's March 28-April 11) and it's the Lord's will, I think it would be a great experience and I'd really like to go! Not only that, there are scholorship opportunities for students who go. My mom doesn't really want me to go because she doesn't like the idea of me going off "on my own so far away"... but I wouldn't be on my own, I mean, there will be chaperones. The thing I'm most unsure about is since it is a secular thing, they would probably have inappropriate activities on Sabbath. If I am going to go though, I have to decide pretty quickly! Because it's somewhat of a first come first served basis. If I don't go this year I might go in 2010 when I'm a junior (they have the trip every year), I guess that's a little more realistic. Next year another thing I'd like to do is run for student government. I missed it this year since I had to go to the library to do school for the first couple weeks and that was when the candidates signed up and I was too crammed in my schedule to do that. Anyway have to go. byeeee

2 comments:

Jade Christine said...

cool..i'm sure the trip would be a blast if u go..i have a friend and her mom is from panama.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.. You should really pray about this! I mean, if it's a secular thing it might not be tooooo good if you go! Seriously think and pray about it!!!!!!!!