Monday, June 1, 2009

Red strawberries and Purple Asparagus

Well, this morning, starting at about 8:30, I began my summer job picking mostly strawberries. I got a little surprise when they asked me to help cut asparagus. Yeah what an event! ha ha
Some of the asparagus was actually purple. I'd never seen purple asparagus before but it's the same color on the inside as the green asparagus - green. My two favorite colors combined in one cute vegetable! It was fun slicing through the stalks. I had to use a knife and I didn't cut any of my fingers off! Aren't you proud of me? :D I did cut pretty close once, I accidentally trimmed my little fingernail. But anyway. Because I spent about an hour at the asparagus and the strawberries were a little sparse, I nly picked a paltry 17 quarts of strawberries... my first day last year I picked like 39! Oh well. At least I'm not sore at all from all thebending down. Last year my first couple days I wasso sore from all the stretching that I could barely walk!! But I guess it's because I'm used to it since I stretch a lot and and stuff for karate and soccer.
But the big bummer about all this is... I can't even go back tomorrow to be with my sister on her first day of work there because I'm not done with school yet and I have to keep working at it until Friday. How sad :'( I'm allllll finished with my English, History, and PE classes, but I still have a lot of work left to do on Geometry, Chemistry, Spanish, Art, and a PSSA review course. And I have finals in three of those due on the 4th. On the bright side, if I get all done with Geometry by tomorow evening, I can go to a pizza party! So I'd better get working. good-bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes I am very pround of my Maranda I love you girl!!!!

Popular News said...

purple asparagus? nope, i don't think i've heard/seen them either. lol weird