Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Dumb Questions on Homeschooling, LOL

I did not write this... I found this posted by someone who in turn found it from someone else on the World Wide Web. So I thought I'd share it w/ you... go ahead and read it if you'd like a laugh! Have you ever noticed that even the most intelligent seeming humans are capable of asking extremely stupid questions about homeschooling? Although I'm always too polite to retaliate, the following answers always run through my mind when I hear the following:

Do you parents make you homeschool?
1. Yes, they chain me up in a deep, dank basement and force me to learn independently.
2. Yes, they do. In my heart of hearts I really *want* to spend 6 hours a day in a stuffy classroom filled with stupid people, listening to a rude and irrational teacher rant incessantly.
3. No, I make them homeschool me.

Do you have any friends?
1. Friends? We don't need no stinkin friends!
2. Yes, let me introduce you to my friend Harvey. Say hello Harvey.
3. No, I'm a misanthrope sociopath who would rather die a thousand deaths than be socialized normally.

How do you meet people?
1. I have found that painting myself blue and running through the streets screaming is a very effective way to meet people.
2. I go to a playgroup!
3. Actively seeking out human companionship is illogical.

Do you get graded?
1. I grade myself. I am very proud of myself for maintaining my 4.0 GPA.
2. Grades are determined each semester by a coin toss.
3. Grades? What are those?

How do you know what to do without a teacher telling you?
1. I am omniscient.
2. I visit the library and pick books at random. Those books then become my curriculum for that semester. Last semester, I studies alternative physics, macrame, tomato growing, and the plot flaws in the Star Trek the Next Generation episodes.
3. The little green aliens who live under my desk tell me what to do.

How do you remember to work without a teacher nagging you?
1. I'm a very bossy person, and therefore I get on my nerves all the time by nagging myself to do homework.
2. Why would I need to be nagged? I love doing algebra homework!
3. I bribe myself. Whenever I finish a homework assignment, I give myself a dollar or a candybar.

Is homeschooling legal?
1. No. In fact, you could even be arrested for aiding and abetting a criminal just by talking to them!
2. Yes. The Government wants as many of us smart-aleck, self-motivated brats out of their high schools as soon as possible.
3. No. We live in a dictatorial police state where being different is punishable by death.

Do you like homeschooling?
1. No, I hate it. I'd rather have a root canal every day.
2. Dude, I love homeschooling. In fact, I love everything! Peace and Love, man.
3. Not particularly. I tolerate homeschooling because the alternative is so horrendous.

Are you going to homeschool your children?
1. With any luck, my offspring will be born on an asteroid colony, where homeschooling is the only viable means of an education.
2. What kids?
3. Certainly! In fact, my children will undergo an accelerated education, so that they will be ready for college by the age of 10.

You must be pretty smart to homeschool huh?
1. Actually, my intelligence level is below normal. I have simply acquired an immense vocabulary through memorization, which often fools humans into believing that I am more intelligent than I actually am.
2. I am a super genius, and my superior intellect allows me to take full advantage of non traditional methods of education.
3. Duh, what? Huh?

1 comments:

Popular News said...

I saw that on ur page on AOY. It was really funny! the questions ppl ask. lol