Thursday, January 28, 2010

NUTS

I had this really great post idea and now it is just - GONE! I feel so Dory-like. oh there's my memory stick. The Eggplant parmesan is cooking. I am going to have potatoes and cheese. sorry for all the food references but I haven't eaten yet today and am hungrified!
Well I went out in the woods today while I was waiting for my moody rabbit to decide to hop out of her cage. Sometimes she wants to come out and will practically hop into my arms, but sometimes she decides to play hard-to-get. I can't drag her out because she is ten pounds, and her toes get stuck in the wires if i try and sometimes if she REALLY doesn't want to come out, she will lunge and growl at me. Once I get her out she is usually sweet as pie and snuggly as a fuzzy sausage but it can take some patience to coax her. So today I opened up her cage but she wouldn't come out initially so I decided to take a little walk while waiting for her. It was sunny and rather warm, warm enough to wear a light bright pink jacket and not get frozen. This was fortunate because it is deer hunting season, and if there did happen to be any hunters in our woods, they would have to be pretty dumb to mistake a girl in a bright pink jacket for a deer, so I felt pretty safe. The ground was soggy and wet but I managed to not get my socks wet by tightrope walking on logs over puddles and soon I had arrived at the gushing creek. It was snowing as lightly as it can snow and still be noticable, like one snowflake per square yard each second. I actually saw a flock of 10-20 robins, despite certain people telling me they don't travel in flocks, and maybe they don't, but I definitely saw a bunch of robins. Anyway, I went back to Missy's cage and just as I had predicted, she was out and I quickly scooped her up. I am not quite the nature bug i used to be but i still enjoy short little treks out in nature.

0 comments: