Monday, April 27, 2009

What's up?

^ when people ask me that, sometimes I can't really think of a good answer because I feel like my life, or at least a list of whatever I've been doing lately certainly isn't intriguing, or even interesting.
It's not like I'm going on a mission trip
or solved a mystery
or even got my drivers permit (which would be illegal for about another 6 months).
But if you're here that means that you're curious anyway...
And are expecting me to have put something on here.
So, just for you, I will tell what I have been up to...
After church on Sabbath my sister and my mom and I did a music program at a local nursing home, the Phoebe Home. We do it once a month, and it basically involves us singing/ playing our various instruments for an hour straight until we have lulled numerous old folks to sleep.
On Friday our mom had a friend of hers from church over and she brought her 3 little boys (all under the age of 6) with her. They were very cute and the two older boys didn't want apple pie.
In the past week we had a record temperature change (from about 40 degrees to 90) which has put me into flip-flops and summer clothes! It was so sweltering yesterday that all us kids went down to the creek and had a dip in our own spring-fed, frog-and-fish-and-stick infested pool. At which the neighbor lady, leaving for work, pulled up and asked us if we weren't too cold in there.
I've also spent a considerable amount of time soaking up sunshine on our hammock. Which my dad, in honor of the infamous fake meat, has dubbed the Wham-mock. :) I also read the book Johnny Tremain while swinging on it. That's a very good book by the way; if you haven't read it, you should read it. One of my favorite parts is when Paul Revere's daughter sticks out her tongue at Johnny and later apologizes and he says something like, "oh, that's all right, I liked to see it; it was so long and red! At first I thought you were a hound dog all dressed up!" It was also made into a movie like 40 or 50 years ago, which I would like to see sometime.
I watched some great movies too which I hadn't watched before. Namely: City of Ember, Bridge to Terebithia, National Treasure, National Treasure: Book of Secrets (aka NT2), Tuck Everlasting, and I didn't quite get to finish watching Holes. Yeah I know that's a LOT of movies to watch in just a week's time but I don't have much stuff on my agenda so I have to have something to do...

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

i love how you make everyday things sound so funny and neat like... "At which the neighbor lady, leaving for work, pulled up and asked us if we weren't too cold in there." it sounds so... poetic! "it basically involves us singing/ playing our various instruments for an hour straight until we have lulled numerous old folks to sleep." lol!!!!